GLIMA VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
Once you experience GLIMA’s impact on our community, you may wish to participate at a deeper level and be a part of GLIMA’s family by serving as a volunteer. Being a volunteer can be rewarding in many ways – starting with the fulfillment of helping others to achieve their goals. As a volunteer, you can also learn valuable skills on how to be an Inclusive instructor of the movement arts.
Class Assistant Volunteer:
The volunteer assistant position provides support by assisting students with movements and positions and helping the teacher maintain control of the classroom and class flow.
- Physically assist students
- Demonstrate movements and positions for students
- Verbally guide and encourage students
- Work in tandem with primary teacher and other volunteers to facilitate class exercises, handling of equipment and flow
- Experience doing yoga, dance, and/or martial arts
- Complete the GLIMA’s Application and waiver and release forms
- Attend a GLIMA volunteer orientation session ( how to work with the special needs population, first aid cert and protocols, etc.) and complete the Safe Sport Certification before volunteering for a class
- Get AAU membership & Background Check
- Assist in a minimum of 2 classes per month
- Attend on-going trainings (short sessions offered at regular intervals to learn techniques for assisting students)
- Check our schedule and arrange to view a GLIMA class in action that you have an interest in participating.
- Email email@example.com with a short explanation of why you are interested in volunteering.
- Complete a GLIMA Volunteer Application
- Complete our Release and Waiver Form.
- Have a “Green Light” AAU membership background check or Complete one (Cost to applicant is $22)
Additional Ways to Volunteer and help our Nonprofit Organization:
GLIMA Student Volunteer:
Projects or tasks the volunteers could participate include:This is an ideal position for students – high school and college – who are looking to build their resumes and want to add volunteer experience to it, or a retired person who wants to volunteer for a good cause, or really for anyone who wants to help because they want to see our organization grow!
- Outreach: posting giving out our flyers and information at neighborhood events
- Maintenance: assist with cleaning and care of the equipment
- Studio prep: prepare the yoga, dance or martial arts space for our classes, then help with break-down afterwards. Volunteers may stay for yoga class in between -space permitting.
- Administrative projects: help in completing a project, such as attendance sheets, nurturing donors, tagging customers in our CRM, or doing
miscellaneous data entries, and other such tasks
- Updating our social media channels – Facebook, Instagram – regularly
- Doing website updates and periodic maintenance